Dressings, Sauces, Marinades, Mustards
Balsamic BBQ Sauce... EVER!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1 cup Balsamic - your choice (UP dark balsamic works best here)
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons dry mustard
2 tablespoons Baklouti Olive Oil, UP EVOO or any fused/infused olive oil of your choice
1 small white or yellow onion, minced
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons smoked paprika (mild or spicy)
2 teaspoons cayenne (optional for lover's of heat)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil of your choice in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add ketchup, Worcestershire, molasses, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, mustard, granulated garlic, smoked paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Transfer sauce to the jar of a blender and blend until smooth. Let cool to room temperature, transfer to a jar and store in refrigerator for up to a month. This is great on everything - chicken, ribs, burgers, shoes. You can literally put it on anything, and I encourage you to do so.
Makes approximately 3 cups
Pesto-Can choose Basil, Arugula, or Cilantro
- 3 cups Basil leaves washed and dried
- 1/2 cup – ¾ cup Single Varietal Ultra Premium EVOO
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup hulled, toasted pumpkin seeds (can use toasted pine nuts too)
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese (can also use any hard cheese you prefer)
- 4 large garlic cloves chopped
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to the container of a a blender or food processor.
- Pulse to combine and adjust seasoning with salt if desired.
- Serve with arancini, bread, pasta, vegetables.... you name it.
- Use immediately or freeze in desired portions up to 3 months in tightly covered containers.
Red Apple Dip
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup cream cheese
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
¼ tsp Cinnamon
1 cup apples chopped
½ cup toasted walnuts chopped
Directions: Blend all ingredients except the apples in a food processor. Place mixture in a bowl and add the apples. Put mixture in a serving bowl and sprinkle with walnuts over the top. Serve with cinnamon crisp crackers.